LRC Director August 2013 – Present
Rhodes Elementary School, 8931 W. Fullerton, River Grove, IL 60171
- Manages all facets of the operation of the Library Learning Center
- Provides print, online and electronic resources to support the curriculum
- Designed library wikispace, blog and YouTube channel
- Reorganized and updated collection to support the CCSS
- Reconfigured library space so students have optimal access to engaging resources
- Collaborated with other local school librarians on Battle of the Books reading competition
- Facilitates programs that promote reading such as author visits, community and family reading activities, reading therapy dogs
- Volunteers for school events and serves on school PTA
Library Media Specialist August 2009 to May 2013
District 212, West Leyden High School, 1000 Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to create and implement lessons integrating print, online and electronic resources to support the curriculum.
- Designs instructional lessons that teach competent information literacy skills: accessing and evaluating information, presentation, reflection
- Selects library materials that support a diverse student population, various reading and academic levels, the CCSS and award-winning titles in literature.
- Promotes and inspires a love of reading by giving book talks and book-related activities, creating book trailers and digital storytelling units, facilitating a student book club and implementing creative programming that supports district reading and literacy goals.
- Served the district as a media librarian by automating media and equipment circulation, purchasing and developing a media collection that supports the district curriculum, promoting and teaching the proper use of streaming media in the classroom as well as developing media usage policies.
- Maintains content on the Leyden Libraries YouTube channel.
- Promotes the Illinois reading lists through programming, literary circles and virtual book discussion through blogs and Ning.
- Initiates reader’s advisory and book discussions with faculty and colleagues.
- Participates in district program for at-risk students.
- Provides professional learning opportunities for faculty and staff via workshops.
- Facilitated an eBook and audiobook initiative with special education students.
|Google Apps for Education||Wikis||Blogs|
|Web 2.0 Tools||Research and Citation||Social Media|
Education and Certification
- Master of Library and Information Science, Dominican University, River Forest, IL
- Bachelor of English, Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
- Illinois Type 10 Library Information Specialist, #804918
- Presented at YALSA’s Young Adult Literature Symposium, November, 2012. (see ePortfolio)
- Presented a mentoring workshop for new library students at Dominican University, April 2012. (see ePortfolio)\
- ISLMA (Illinois School Library Media Association)
- C.E. (Illinois Computing Educators)
- American Library Association